If you are looking for a no-bean, low-carb, meaty chili recipe then I have the perfect tried and true recipe for you! This chili has not only one, but four, different meats in it. When mixed together with tomatoes and plenty of spices you have a tasty, satisfying paleo dinner. Great for the non-dairy, paleo, gluten-free, THM seekers. It a bit higher on the carbs to be super low-carb or Keto, at 36g total carbs. For a keto-friendly chili, check out this recipe here!
4-Meat Paleo Chili
Also crock pot friendly!
- 1 pound ground beef (I used grass-fed & hormone-free beef)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ pound bacon
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cups beef stock (homemade or low sodium brand)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground beef, ground turkey, and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- In a different pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Or if you prefer, bake in the oven beforehand (this is what I did). Crumble and add to stock pot. Cook the chopped onion and pepper in the bacon drippings for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add to the stock pot.
- To the stock pot, add in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and beef stock. Season with garlic, oregano, cumin, paprika, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and other spices if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste.
- Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day. Or eat it immediately, but trust me - it's so much better the next day!