Affordable Holiday Hostess Starter Kit List
Are you hosting a holiday this year? Maybe it’s just a small, intimate gathering, or a huge party. Either way, you’ll want to have some of the basic holiday hostess starter kit gear and supplies to get started! Most people have your kitchen basic, but when it comes to a pretty table setting I’m usually scrambling to throw something together. This year I’ll be prepared and have created a list of all my favorite, affordable holiday hostessing must-haves!
With two major holidays at our doorstep, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I like to keep my decor neutral so that I can easily transition it between holidays. I’m all about shopping, on a realistic and healthy budget!
You can find my full list of favorite Affordable Holiday Hostess items on my Amazon Storefront here!
The average table setting is between 4-8 persons, so most table settings come in sets. I’m a big fan of this! Not only does it save money but it also reduces the hassle of individual piece purchasing and inventory depletion.
IKEA has such a gorgeous holiday table setting ideas. I recently attended an IKEA workshop that featured affordable dining wear, table linens, and accessories for all table sizes and budgets. It’s a great place to shop for all your needs!
If you are more of an online shopper who relies on Amazon’s quick delivery service, I’ve got just the list of needs for you! Below are some of my table-setting favorites and must-haves for this holiday.
- Grey table cloth with tassels is one of my favorites (a variety of colors and sizes available)!
- 12-pack of reusable, cotton napkins (assortment of colors available), and elegant napkin rings (optional).
- Basic dinnerwear set, service for 8 (I love to have a white set available for holiday use!)
- A set of stemless glasses. I like to use these for water glasses, they are inexpensive, classy, and won’t tip over like regular goblets).
- Set of hurricane vases. Different sizes allow for versatile decorating! You can add holiday bulbs for Christmas, or add flowers or candles, or even mix it up! A must-have for table centerpieces.
- Silverware sets (these have a nice design on the handle and service four per set for under $20)
- Table runner – there are lots of colors and designs to choose from but I really like the buffalo-prints this year.
- Chalkboard place cards – great for table place cards or for dish labels on a buffet
As a hostess, there are several items that come in handy and are essential in the kitchen for preparation and presentation!
- A set of serving platters, for entrees and side dishes.
- A cheese tray with cutlery – this one is super cute with the chalkboard design (and affordable!)
- Disposable dessert & appetizer set.
- A simple 3-tier dessert tray (can be used for appetizers too)
- A cover butter tray – I’m really digging this simple white tray!
- Utensil hostess serving set
- Snacking nut bowl, because who wouldn’t want these adorable squirrel nut bowl!
- Set of coffee mugs (these come in a set of six for under $20!)
- Charcuterie board and knife set
- Food buffet warmer – keep 3 dishes warm at once
- Beverage dispenser
LIVING OR FAMILY ROOM
Before and after dinner hours are for mingling, games, and conversation. These are some of my favorite items for entertaining in the living or family room.
- A set of marble coasters. These are elegant, yet practical and can be used every day. I also absolutely LOVE these braided coasters!
- Party games! Some of our favorite group party games are Speed Charades and Catch Phrase, or do your own Escape Room in a Box right in your living room!
Other posts you might enjoy: