Guide to the Best Gifts for Teenagers in 2019
I live in a home of hormones right now, two teenage girls and two pre-teen boys dwelling here. I frequently hear about all the latest trends and have received the full “list” of holiday and birthday must-haves. I don’t label myself as an expert in trends, but I am an expert in knowing what the teenagers are wanting this year. It’s hard to find the best gifts for teenagers, so I’m here to help!
I’d say this is a great list for tweens, teens, and young adults. If you have anyone in your life aged 11-21, there is a good chance there is something for them here! I recruited help from the experts to come up with my Guide to the Best Gifts for Teenagers in 2019. And by experts, I mean those tweens, teens and young adults.
For a complete list of Best Gift for Teenagers & Tweens, check out my Amazon Store list “Best Gifts for Teenagers 2019” here!
Do you have an additional “best gift for teenagers” idea? Please leave them in the comments below!
- Microphone stand and filter for a desk. With podcasting, YouTube, and music production being a part of this generation’s life, this is a great gift for young entrepreneurs and musicians.
- A ukelele! Affordable, easy to learn, and doesn’t take up a lot of space – it’s a great first instrument.
- Lyrics Notebook. Another great item for a musician/songwriter.
- Friendship bracelet string. And for under $10 you can get 150 different colors!
- Scratch-off World wall poster. A great gift for the young travelpreneur!
- Smartphone-controlled Paper Airplane. Letting kids be kids again with technology.
- Spike Ball (as seen on Shark Tank). Kind of like volleyball but can be played anywhere with 2-4 people.
- A 45-pack of velvet scrunchies (for under $7!) Yeah, basically anything from the 90s is back in style.
- White crocs. I’m not questioning this fashion choice, rather just trusting that when they are 30 they will look back at photos and ask “what was I thinking?” as we all did.
- Chunky, striped off-shoulder sweaters. As well as white, chunky fuzzy sweaters.
- White Nike crew socks. Again, I don’t question these decisions, but I do save some $$ by buying them in the kid’s size instead of adult (if purchasing for females, you might find the kids socks to be the same size and more affordable).
- High-waisted distressed jeans, and mom jeans. Goodwill is also an option if all the teens haven’t snatched them up!
- Turtle anklets. Or turtle anything (necklaces, bracelets, keychains, etc.) but anklets seem to be trending right now.
- Adidas Training Pants. I can vouch for these kid-sized pants fitting the same as young adult size. The XL fits about a junior’s size large and a young men’s size small.
- Minimalist watches, like this one for men and this one for women.
- Kindness graphic t-shirt. There are so many options available for these tees, I liked the look and price of this one!
- Wireless Smartphone Winter Beanie. I suppose this one could be put under “electronic” gifts as well!
- Key Ring Wristlet. The most fashionable choice for carrying keys (and a variety of colors available).
- Shell & Pearl Choker Necklaces. This is a 4-pack for under $10!
- Nike Kawa Slides.
- Nike Dry-Fit Head-Tie. I noticed that these were a pretty big hit for the Fall 2019 sports season.
- Wave Rings. I think there is a beach, wave, and turtle theme going on this year.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
- Mini PINK body sprays and perfumes.
- A mega-pack of Face Masks. A 12 pack for under $10 is a steal of a deal!
- Henna Temporary Tattoo Kits. By no means am I wanting to influence “tattoos” for teens, which is why I’m promoting these cute henna kits! (which are temporary)
- Sephora Favorites kit.
- Portable Facial Cleansing Brush. A bit pricey but easy to use with all skin types and helps with acne.
- Harry Potter Box Set. Books are educational and the Harry Potter series continues to be popular for the tweens and young teens!
- Speaking of Harry Potter, this coding kit (Harry Potter themed) is a popular 2019 gift!
- The Freshman Survival Guide. Have any graduating seniors in your life?
- Trapped in a Video Game book series. Geared for ages 8-12 so great for the tweens!
FOR ROOM or HOME
- Metal straws. Because save the turtles, y’all. Duh.
- Faux fur rugs. It can also be used as a chair cover, on benches, and decorated along the corners of bed ends.
- Fairy lights. My daughter loves to string these across her room, around her wall hangings, and over her bed.
- Hydro Flask. This is a link for a generic one, and as often as my kids lose their stuff I opt not to invest in the real deal!
- Bedside Organizers. This one holds two water bottles and has pockets for tablets, magazines, and cell phones.
- Letterboards. And the more letters and emojis the better, if you need extras these are great too!
- Waterproof laptop and water bottle stickers. There are a variety of different themed options you can choose from.
- A giant burrito blanket. Bringing taco Tuesday to a whole new level!
- Donut Hole Mug. A mug that also holds your donut. Genius.
- PacMan Glow Light. Great for the tweens!
- Cordless earbuds. Or, generic iPod earbuds if you will! These cordless, rechargeable earbuds will do the same job as their $200 Apple competitor, and have the same look!
- Portable Record Player/Turntable. Not just for us more refined folks anymore, the teens are now turning towards vinyl.
- Shower speaker. Although I don’t know how much I want to encourage a longer time in the shower, this is still a great gift idea!
- Clip-on Selfie Ring for cell phones.
- A 3-in-1 Breakfast Station. Geared more for young adults but I’m pretty sure my husband would request this for his office.
- Ocean Wave Projector. A remote-controlled sound machine projects ocean waves for a sound sleep.
- Wireless Karaoke Microphone. (just don’t let them take it on a road trip with you, ha!)