A quick and easy recipe that makes a delicious dinner! This dish took only about 30 minutes to make and was well worth all the effort in that half an hour. The chicken is oriental flavored and reminds me of sesame chicken, one of my favorite Chinese take-out dishes. Additionally I cooked up some basmati rice to serve with to add some carb lovin’, basmati rice is a fragrant long-grain rice from India. The Oriental and Indian flavors combined create an exotic aroma and tasty entree. If you are a sauce person I suggest doubling up the sauce for this recipe!
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 pounds)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, divided (white parts for cooking, green for serving)
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Oil pan over stove top and heat on low. Place chicken in the bottom of pan and lightly cook.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and the white parts only of the scallions.
- Pour the sauce mixture on top of the chicken and cook for until no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish.