I fell in love with this yummy and filling salad over the summer and have decided to carry it over into the cold winter months. The chicken is slathered in a homemade honey mustard sauce and marinated for several hours before cooking. I prepped my salad veggies while the chicken was cooking and then allowed it to cool just a bit before slicing it up and placing it on top of the veggies. This is my version of a great “chopped salad” because after making it all pretty I pretty much just toss it all together and serve. It was so good even the kids wanted seconds! Simply omit the corn to make this Paleo or THM friendly!
Honey Mustard Chicken+Avocado+Bacon Salad
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to season
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup diced bacon , trimmed of rind and fat
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves , washed
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado , pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 of a red onion , sliced
- Whisk marinade dressing together and spread 1/2 of dressing over the chicken breast for at least 2 hours if time allows. Place chicken in the fridge during this time.
- Heat a non-stick pan with oil over the stove top and grill chicken until fully cooked through. Although the chicken to cool slightly before slicing into strips or bite-sized pieces. This is the perfect time to frying the bacon if you haven’t done so already.
- Prepare the salad by ripping the romaine leaves and placing in the bottom of a bowl. Top with sliced grape tomatoes, slices avocado, corn, and red onion. Add sliced chicken.
- Whisk 2 Tbs. of water into the remaining dressing to make it thinner. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Top with bacon crumbles and serve!
Recipe compliments of one of my favorite sites, Cafe Delights.