This cheesy comfort soup is new on my favorite keto soup list! I’m not a huge soup person so when I find one I like I’m sure to document it. I was changing things up a bit when modifying a recipe I was playing with and ended up creating an entirely new recipe! This soup will fill you up and keep you satisfied with its almond milk base. Throw in lots of nutritious veggies and some ham (or toss that out if you want to go meatless) and you are good to go!
I found this almond milk soup base at Walmart, it only has 4g TOTAL carbs in the entire container! I also used dried parsley instead of fresh because I didn’t have any on hand. Mix things up as you please – you may end find yourself creating a new recipe!
An entire serving has 10g total carbs, or 9g net carbs, and 16g of fat-filled goodness.
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (I used dried parsley)
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower, dethawed (or a head of cauliflower)
- 8 oz of diced ham
- 32 oz. carton Great Value Unsweetended Almondmilk Soup Base
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add butter to large stove pot and melt over stovetop.
- Stir in onions, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Cook until veggies are soft.
- Add all seasonings, add cauliflower, ham, soup base, and cream cheese.
- Cook on low-medium heat until cheese melts.
- Add cheddar cheese and allow to melt. Stir.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with favorite toppings as desired.
Keto Cauliflower & Ham Soup
| Amount Per Serving:|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16||24.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10||3.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cornfields and High Heels
*Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator & use ingredients according to your plan.