This fiesty chicken has become my favorite for making street tacos! It’s Cinco de Mayo and there is no better way to celebrate than this recipe. I made this in the instant pot, however, you can make it in the crockpot or over the stove as well! This recipe feeds a family, I’m guessing 8 servings at 2 tacos per serving.
This can be consumed as a low-carb meal, 1 serving (2 tacos) only has 11g net carbs total in the meat. Not bad considering there is honey and lime juice in this recipe! As an added bonus, 34g of protein! I suggest adding this to a cheese taco shell or Joseph’s lavish flatbread (cut in 1/4 squares).
- 3 lb. chicken (chicken breast, thighs, whichever type you prefer)
- 3 poblano peppers
- salt and pepper
- 3 TBS honey
- 2 TBS sriracha
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- Add chicken to the instant pot, top with diced poblano peppers and sprinkle with salt & pepper as desired.
- Mix together the honey, sriracha, lime juice, and garlic in a separate bowl. Coats the top of the chicken with this mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot on manual for 10 minutes. Release valve when finished
- Shred chicken to make taco meat.
Can also be cooked in a crock pot or on the stovetop.