Pumpkin Cupcake Lovin’
Tis’ the season for pumpkin! My ultimate favorite Fall cupcakes are pumpkin, combine that with my favorite dessert (cheesecake) and you get a pumpkin cupcake with a cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are moist and the frosting is rich and smooth – and introducing themselves in perfect time for Thanksgiving!
This recipe yields roughly 3-4 dozen cupcakes, just depending on how full you like to fill the liners. My favorite cupcake liners to use are the Wilton white liners. You can find them (and my other favorite baking items here in my Amazon Store). There are so many options you can use with decorating cupcakes, such as adding sprinkles, coloring the frosting, etc. So go wild and throw some orange sprinkles on these!
If you don’t have any piping bags or tips to decorate with, I highly suggest this one from Amazon. It’s a basic decorating kit and includes all the supplies you will need. Plus, it’s heavily discounted on Amazon compared to purchasing this in the store!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8-ounce) package brick- style cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat over 350 degrees F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners to prep.
- In mixer, cream together wet ingredients: pumpkin, oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, powder, soda, spices and salt. Slowly merge this mixture in with the pumpkin mix to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners. I filled mine up about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes or until the centers are firm (or a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Remove from over and let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
- To make frosting:
- Using a mixer, beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them as desired. I like to use a piping bag with a large star tip.
Shop my Amazon Store for a list of my favorite baking supplies!