THE ZACHARY HOTEL
It’s baseball season! In my house, this is a season of constant Cubs talk and planning. My husband is the biggest fan Cubs fan I know and our relationship has included a tradition of going to the games annually. If you have not heard of the Hotel Zachary, you’re missing out! We were dating (in 2017) when we first noticed this hotel going in across the street from Wrigley Field.
Hotel Zachary was in the construction phase at the time, and we dreamed of how amazing it would be to spend a game night there as part of a honeymoon. Well, we made that dream come true! Since the Cubbies have always been a part of our relationship naturally we incorporated our honeymoon around a game and a night’s stay in the fabulous new Hotel Zachary
When Hotel Zachary opened up for reservations, I had the date marked on the calendar because I needed to make reservations on specific game night. In March, I was able to successfully book a July reservation for the very last night of our honeymoon. We flew into Chicago from California on a Thursday and stayed at the Zachary that night. Hotel Zachary is a popular place, especially during a home game, so planning your stay in advance is essential for a game night!
Not only did the Zachary offer us a military/Veteran discount but they upgraded our room to a Wrigley Field view! The views were AMAZING! From our room, we could see the field lit up in full-view from the floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Wrigleyville. The euphoria of watching game-goers hustle about after the game was awesome! I’m telling you, if you are a baseball fan this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
What To Expect
Upon arrival, the valet will park your vehicle and you will enter into a small area with only the option of going up (either by stairs or elevator) to the second level. This is where the wow-factor comes in. On the second level is a reception area, a gorgeous area adorned with beautiful floors, a long white table with a library of literature and a wall painted with the original sketch of Wrigley Field. A cozy and spacious bar is not far away, featuring a covered patio overlooking Wrigley Field and the marque. The views here are just as spectacular (if not better) than the rooms! Even if you not staying at the hotel, I would make it a point to have some drinks and appetizers at The Bar at Hotel Zachary. Make it a priority to sit on the patio during a game day or night!
Hotel Zachary is an authentic boutique, Chicago hotel. As part of the Marriott group, you can use the Marriott Bonvoy app to book rooms and use loyalty points. They offer 173 rooms and 20 suites that are designed and inspired by Zachary Taylor Davis, the 1914 architect behind Wrigley Field. Within the decoration and design, you’ll see the history of baseball and Wrigleyville’s neighborhood, every room offers a unique touch of this throughout.
Hotel Amenities include:
- Check-In: 4:00 p.m. | Check-Out: 11:00 a.m.
- 65″ LG televisions
- Wireless iPhone charger & alarm clock
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi
- In-room access to streaming content on your personal device
- 24-hour business center services
- 24-hour fitness center
- Complimentary bottled water
- Pet amenities (upon request)
- Valet parking
- In-room safe
- Oversized walk-in shower
- Rainfall showerhead
- Ivy Urban Apothecary bath amenities produced by LATHER — exclusively for Hotel Zachary
- Plush, microfiber bathrobes
- Feather and foam pillows on every bed
What You’ll Want to Know!
- Book a ballpark view room on floors 3-6 for the best views.
- To avoid the $75 parking fee, use Spothero in advance to reserve a parking spot for cheaper.
- Make reservations in advance for drinks and eats on the outdoor patio at The Bar at Hotel Zachary (weekly specials available).
- Rates start around $200/night and double or triple from there for game nights and ballpark view rooms – booking a room during the week will help save on hefty rates.
- For the best eats in Wrigleyville, check out Wrigleyville’s Best Places to eat.
- The hotel will hold your luggage for you if you need to check-out before a game or train departure, or if you just want to wander around Wrigleyville before leaving.
- For more details on the Zachary Hotel, check out my Yelp review here.