Lofts on Main
Lofts on Main is open! These beautiful new, luxury lofts are modern and trendy yet still incorporate part of Cambridge City’s history. Housed in the upper level of a renovated historic 1800s building, the Lofts on Main are the hottest new spot to stay in along US Route 40! The US Route 40, also called Highway 40, is known as Indiana’s Old National Highway – one of Indiana’s historic byways. And, Lofts on Main are right along its route!
Why Cambridge City?
Only an hour east of Indianapolis and an hour west of Dayton, Ohio!
Cambridge City, Indiana is a small town of less than 2,000 in population. However, this city has a lot going on! It is known as “Antique Alley” for its numerous antique shops, and the largest antique trail in Indiana. I had a chance to stop by several of the shops, I was taken in by their historic buildings and hours upon hours of antique browsing possibilities. I picked up a few goodies at the Old National Antique Mall during my visit!
If the antiques don’t entice you enough, the food will!
All these shops are within walking distance of Lofts on Main and several great food establishments. Speaking of food, I have some suggestions! Kings Cafe & Bakery is known for its gigantic baked goods, specifically the cinnamon rolls. I picked up a cinnamon roll big enough to feed four people for $5! (Needless to say, my teenager were thrilled that I brought leftovers home)
Dinner at No. 9 Grill is another excellent option. They’ve renovated an old downtown building, the Old No. 9 Lodge into a family-friendly eatery serving up burgers, steaks, and salads. For lunch, Lumpy’s Restaurant is a diner known for its famous grilled tenderloins! And for dessert, the Hilltop Drive-In has ice cream treats available (as well as other diner food options).
Lofts on Main are luxury guest suites available for short and long term stays and are housed in a renovated 1890s historic building! With 850 square feet of open living space, there is plenty of room for 2-4 people to make themselves at home with a full kitchen and dining area, washer and dryer, and king bed!
There are two luxury lofts available for rent, the East Loft and the West Loft (which I had the pleasure of staying in). The West Loft is equipped with a king-sized bed, plenty of pillows, a full kitchen and bathroom, dining room, living room, and laundry closet. The East Loft is similar but includes a king bed + murphy bed to sleep four.
The space is cozy but modern with local furnishing throughout, from the books to the artwork. The theme feels a bit shabby-chic + bohemian – I love it! The two couches in the living room are adorned with pillows, and fluffy throws sit in a basket beside the couch. Boardgames and books line the shelves in the living rooms, inviting you to sit and relax for a bit. It is very much a “home away from home” type of stay!
Take a virtual tour with me!
Check out my Facebook Live video below for a tour of the Lofts on Main in Cambridge City, Indiana:
Contact-free, safe stay
They are doing a great job of cleaning and disinfecting the lofts! Cleaning supplies, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizers are available for guests to use in the loft. It is the perfect way to have a contact-free, private stay! Much like an Airbnb, you can book your reservations online (link here for reservations) and on the day of your arrival, you’ll be sent a code to unlock your luxury suite loft.
Tips for staying at the Lofts on Main:
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove/oven, and everything you need to cook or enjoy a meal in. A Keurig is also available and k-cups, creamers, and sugars are offered as well.
- On-street parking is available.
- The Lofts are accessible by stairs. There is one set of stairs you’ll have to take, you’ll want to keep this in mind if you have physical limitations.
- You can leave your toiletries at home! Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all available in dispensers. And speaking of showers, there isn’t a tub but there is a nice-sized walk-in shower.
- There are two large-screen TVs available – one in the living room and one in the bedroom.
- Free wifi is available.
- Washer and dryer are available in each loft.
- Welcome packages are available upon request!
Information for the Lofts on Main:
- Rates are $125/per night + $30 cleaning fee (regardless of the number of nights) and a $50 refundable deposit to hold the room (if cancellation occurs less than 72 hours prior to arrival, the deposit will be retained)
- Address: 221 West Main St. Cambridge City, Indiana 47327
- Phone: 765-969-4824 or 937-609-8451
- Website: https://theloftsonmain.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theloftsonmaincambridgecity/
Nearby attractions to check out:
- Thistlewaite Falls is just east of Cambridge City in Richmond, Indiana.
- Tour a famous basketball filming location right in the heart of Hoosier country! at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown, Indiana.
- Travel just a bit further for The World’s Largest Aviation Museum in Dayton, Ohio.