A Guide to Sawmill Creek Resort
Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron, Ohio, is located on 235 lakeside acres and minutes from Cedar Point amusement park. The shorelines of Ohio are the Midwest’s version of coastal beaches. You’ll enjoy the benefits of sun, sand, and waves without sharks and salt water. It’s a wonderful place to visit as a family or couple, but one could also enjoy a self-care solo trip here!
Did you know Cedar Point has resorts? Sawmill Creek is one of five Cedar Point Resorts. In 2022, it underwent a $25 million renovation. It’s a beautiful, modern faculty with free wifi and various activities and amenities for guests of all ages, including an 18-hole golf course, a marina, pools, restaurants, and meeting space.
If you’re looking to spend a weekend, or more, at Cedar Point, the Sawmill Creek Resort is the perfect place. I recently discovered this resort after attending an event at their event center. In addition to having 239 guest rooms, the resort has a conference center, two restaurants, a coffee shop, and several atrium lounge areas.
Take a tour of a guest room:
The Sawmill Creek guest rooms include either two queen beds or a king. All rooms have a sofa seating area, 55” LED TV, deluxe granite bathrooms with walk-in showers, dorm-sized refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, in-room safe, and an iron and ironing board. Rooms with a fireplace and jacuzzi tubs are available.
Amenities and activities
The two pools include an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and two hot tubs. Guests can also enjoy various water sports like water volleyball and basketball. The resort has four restaurants, including a fine dining restaurant (Miller’s Table), a casual dining restaurant (Mulligan’s Pub), a poolside grill (The Pool Bar), and a coffee shop (Creekside Market). Sawmill Creek Resort also has a variety of bars, including a sports bar, a lounge, and a wine bar. The Creekside Market serves Starbucks coffee and Ohio’s famous Toft ice cream.
The golf course at Sawmill Creek Resort, designed by Tom Fazio, is considered one of the best in Ohio. The golf course is challenging but fair, offering stunning views of Lake Erie and Sheldon Marsh Nature Preserve. Enjoy a casual lunch inside the Sawmill Creek Golf Club at Mulligan’s Pub. If you’re like me, you don’t have to be a golfer to enjoy the Gulf Club perks (the food!). The marina at Sawmill Creek Resort offers 176 slips for boats up to 42 feet. Guests can also enjoy fishing, boating, and waterskiing on Lake Erie. The marina has a jet ski launch and bathhouse; gas and ice are available.
Sawmill Creek Resort is a popular destination for meetings and events. The resort has over 35,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including a ballroom, breakout rooms, and a convention center. The resort also has a variety of amenities for meeting planners, including audio/visual equipment, catering, and transportation.
Here are some of the things you can do at Sawmill Creek Resort:
- Play golf on the 18-hole Tom Fazio-designed course
- Go fishing, boating, or waterskiing on Lake Erie
- Swim in one of the two pools
- Grab Toft’s ice cream at the Creekside Market
- Rent a cabana by the outdoor pool
- Enjoy the four dining options: Miller’s Table, Mulligan’s Pub, Harvest, and Creekside Market. Small bites are available at The Hideout and The Pool Bar.
- Have a drink at The Hideout, a wine and whiskey bar
- Enjoy breakfast at Harvest’s breakfast buffet
- Attend a meeting or event in one of the 35,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Pump some iron in the 24-hour Fitness Center
- Relish in the tranquility of the patio water features and outdoor firepits
- Explore the Sheldon Marsh Nature Preserve and see almost 300 bird species and wildflowers
- Sip on a latte from the Creekside Market coffee bar
- Stroll through the two miles of hiking trails on the resort
- Visit Cedar Point, one of the most popular amusement parks in the world
Packages and discounts
Sawmill Creek Resort offers a variety of rates to fit any budget. Rates vary depending on the time of year, the type of accommodations, and the number of guests. They have package deals online for golf and attractions and offer a discount of 10% for military, AAA members, and season pass holders. Reservations can be made online or by calling the resort directly.
The Sawmill Creek Resort is a great place to stay when visiting the Sandusky, Ohio, area. It is close to many popular attractions. Shores and Islands Ohio is loaded with ideas of things to do in the area! Here are a few of my favorite nearby activities:
- Downtown Sandusky and Kelley’s Island activities
- Put-in-Bay, Ohio in a Day!
- Merry-Go-Round Museum
- Escape to the Charming Lakeside Chautauqua
- Lake Erie Ohio’s Lighthouses